Friday, January 22, 2010

Week in Review 01/22/10

What Did Your Pastor Do This Week
This week was the week I was supposed to get over my sickness, but the rain and few bad decisions didn't help all too much. For one thing, I was cold all the time, and the weather aggravated my throat causing me to cough more than I was coughing previously. On top of that, for some odd reason, though my body was still weak, I decided to play a full on five-on-five basketball game. Not only did my legs cramp up pretty badly, my cough got worse. I knew I should have caught up with work and relaxed instead. Still, I really did enjoy this week, and now looking forward to our Bread and Word Fellowship that we didn't have in a long time. Looking forward to a great weekend!

Interesting Happenings
A student looked at another boy's baby picture and after laughing a long time said, "Don't worry, I was once ugly too." I couldn't help but laugh a little.

Check These Links Out
Sproul on Retirement - Piercing, encouraging one-liner.
A Pro-Life Idol - Heart-warming story about an American Idol contestant.
I am... nothing - Ray Ortlund comparing Christ and Adad Nirari the 3rd.
How Much Difference Would It Make? - Francis Schaeffer's sobering insight.
Young Adults Leaving Church? - Interesting myth-buster.
Like the Air They Breathe - The Online Life of Kids - Sobering cultural assessment by Al Mohler.

The Ever-growing Wish List
Dug Down Deep - By Josh Harris

No comments: